Saturday, January 19, 2013

Whimsical Quilt Garden => Place Mats

These place mats used to be two lonely quilt blocks that I assembled in spring 2011. They were pinned on my design wall until they became just part of the room and I didn't see them anymore. Then I accepted that I wasn't going to make any more blocks to make a quilt and thought that I could turn them into something more functional. So I took them down, probably in early 2012, picked some backing fabric and then let them gather some more dust.

Finally, in a fit of clearing out some unfinished projects I turned them into mini quilts/place mats/whatever over the Christmas break.

gifted to niece 1
gifted to niece 2

The nieces are happy; I'm happy. Wins all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...