Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nautical quilt 2 finished

This quilt was a lot of fun to finish. There's just something about red, white, and blue that is so uplifting and cheerful.


The design is fairly simple. A panel in the center with the pieced blocks acting as a border and a very fun blue and white stripe fabric for the binding. It actually took me some time to accept this simple design. I kept wanting to fussy it up a bit, but sometimes simple is best.


For the back of the quilt, I had a variety of nautical themed fabric that I wanted to incorporate. The pieced back also was a great way to use up some of my fabric stash.


1 comment:

  1. First...absolutely fabulous. Was this a kit or did you design this yourself. Is there a pattern available for this piece of art. Again, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...