Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cal Quilt - East West Players donation

I had the opportunity to donate a custom quilt as an item for a silent auction at a gala benefiting the East West Players, a renowned Asian American theater troupe. To give potential bidders a sense of the quality and style of my work, some very good friends allowed the use of their Cal quilt as a display item.

The winning bidder turned out to be a Cal Bear who wanted to buy that quilt for her expecting friends who are also Cal Bears expecting a boy. Alas, my friends' quilt is meant to be a one-of-a-kind, so the winning bidder and I went back and forth to agree on a design. In the end, we chose the classic square-in-square design:


What was most important was to make sure that I appliqu├ęd Cal's athletic logo onto a quilt square and piece it into the top. Taking advantage of the mid-week July4th holiday, I finished finally the quilt top:


All that's left now is to custom quilt everything and handsew the binding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...