Friday, March 30, 2012

Henry Ford and Assembly-line Sewing

My scraps runneth over. A lot. So once in a while I try to use them up, except scraps are like dust bunnies. They never go away and they multiply exponentially. I had a bunch of 2.5" squares that I pieced together assembly line style to make 8 of the patchwork baskets from the famous Pink Penguin tutorial. I have just as many scraps as before, but now have 8 additional baskets to store things, such as fabric scraps:


The baskets are small, but the perfect size for holding spools of ribbon and other miscellaneous items. Sewing together assembly line style is very effective, but so boring. Major kudos to all the seamstresses who sew for hours on end in factories to make our clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...