The pattern could have been written better and the pattern itself differs slightly from the picture in the book. Here is what I learned:
Firstly, the pattern in the book needs to be enlarged 400%. Rather than try to figure out how to accurately enlarge the image on a copy machine and then tile the resulting sheets of paper, I went to Kinko's. The lady who was at the counter was extremely helpful. She suggested that I first photo copy the page at regular size and then run that copy through the scanner for the large format copying machine. Otherwise I would have had to rip apart the book to get the page to feed through the scanner.
A word to the wise, the large copies are not cheap. I copied three patterns in the book and ended up paying more for the copies than the book itself.
Thirdly, the center rectangle panel is completely missing from the pattern. I had to read the instructions a few time to make sure that I just wasn't paying attention. I simply cut a rectangle 3" high and the width of the top pattern piece. If making this apron for a short-waisted person like me then I wouldn't add the rectangle. But if the person has a long or regular length torso, then adding the rectangle would help make the apron fit better.
Fourthly, I would lengthen the ties if the intended wearer is an American size 8 or larger. Which means that the fabric would have to be 1.5 yards instead of the recommended 1 yard.
With the leftover fabric, I had just enough to make one matching oven mitt.
|The picture would be better with actual cupcakes instead of empty liners.|
|The bag has an interior pocket and a magnetic snap.|