Monday, February 21, 2011

Finishing the Whimsy Series

I think that I have finally used the last of my fabric from the Whimsy line and inadvertently created my first ever series of quilts. First I made the zig zag quilt for my niece:


Then I made for my sister the "I'm Blushing" quilt by Natalia Bonner:


And the rest of the fabric is now in the most creatively named quilt "Whimsy Squares" (yeah, not so creatively named):


This one measures about 54" square and is backed with a super soft and cuddly minkee white dot. I had originally tried to quilt the top with the backing, forgetting just how frustrating that can be because the minkee tends to stretch and distort everything. So I then spent about 3 months unstitching every single quilting line before finally requilting the just the top again over the weekend.  I  then put the top and the minkee right sides together, stitched around the edges and turned the whole thing inside out.

close up of the squares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...