Sunday, October 10, 2010

I should be sleeping...

Choosing a design layout for a quilt should be a relatively simple task, but the possibilities are endless. I meant to go to bed hours ago, but couldn't help playing around with some simple half-square triangle blocks as I try to figure out what design layout would best showcase the chosen fabric (in this case, Freebird by Momo) and would be most appropriate for the selected recipient (my one-year-old niece). To wit:

I could do a simple concentric square layout


or a classic pattern: broken dishes. I like how pinwheels seem to appear and disappear.


Or how about stars?



If I cut the half-square triangles in half, I can make rings


or pinwheels if I emphasize the other half of the cut block.

Too many choices = lots of fun = voluntary sleep deprivation

1 comment:

  1. too many choices = too much stress = i know why i will never quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...