Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quilt: Pink Polka Dots


A few months ago, my sister asked me to make a baby quilt for her best friend. The friend is pregnant with her first child, a girl. I was more than happy to make it and told my sister to pick a quilt design from the Moda Bake Shop. There were two top contenders (here and here) so I combined design elements from both of them (hearts from one; the words and simple form from the other) to make the quilt.

close up of the quilting


I had a lot of fun quilting the hearts in the white border and think that the jumbo white ric rac is a fun tactile addition. (If I were the baby, I would find major comfort in sucking my thumb while playing with the ric rac. Just sayin'.) The quilt is backed with a super-soft fabric because baby quilts are meant for cuddling. The final size was roughly 40" square.

I hope she likes the quilt and that the baby uses it to literal pieces.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to give this to her. should be about the 27th or so this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the words. If we decide to do a trade sometime in the future, I would love a word or two. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...