Saturday, September 11, 2010

The creative process is...

messy. But, that's part of the fun - looking at fabric and considering all the possibilities. I plan to turn this


into this

because the quilt is pretty, don't you think?  The design is called "Fanciful Flowers" and in a book called Material Obsession.  The big flowers are supposed to be appliqued onto the quilt. Generally I dislike sewing anything by hand and would normally use the zig zag stitch on the sewing machine to applique an image, but not this time. So I will try to applique the flowers by hand using the needle turn method which means that the quilt will likely take me a year to finish.

You can see a close up of one of the flowers here.  Don't you agree with me that a visible zig zag stitch on the flower would detract from its appearance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...